Sunday, May 13, 2007

Cinnamon Panna Cotta with White Peach



I saw these molds at the local kitchen store and immediately thought of John Canner who never really understood what panna cotta is.

This turned out nicely because I used lighter dairy than cream. I peeled the white peach a little too early so it kind of oxidized which I didn't realize would happen. I owe this whole presentation to Ruth who taught me how to unmold panna cotta. The first one I tried dipping in hot water and it completely melted.

If I did it again I would add a little gelatin to the peach syrup which kind of ran off instead of nicely glazing the peach. The red wine was reduced slightly with sugar added. This was a nice end to a dinner of fresh pasta with sun dried tomatoes and basil and an arugula salad with pears and crispy lardons.

Panna Cotta for 2
100g half and half
30g whole milk
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
dash buttermilk
1 cinnamon stick
1/8th tsp vanilla extract
sugar (as desired)
1/3 sheet of gelatin

bloom gelatin in cold water. bring the other ingredients to a boil and add gelatin. Stir to dissolve. Pour into molds and let it set in fridge for 8 hours.

Peach Glaze

1 peach, chopped, skin on
36g sugar
36g water

heat the sugar and water over medium heat to dissolve. Add peaches and simmer 5-10 minutes. Strain and discard solids.

No comments: