Monday, October 26, 2009

On-Camera Flash Photography



I bought a speedlite 430EXII several weeks ago, but this is the first chance I've had to read about it. It marks my first piece of "professional" lighting equipment. Since most of what I do is studio oriented, I favor a strobe. I thought a speedlite with its portability and self-contained power source might allow me to move between the kitchen and studio. It definitely has its perks but I'm not in love.



I'm testing it here with on Sophie, my very unamused dog. These images are untouched other than resizing for web -straight from the camera. Since the 430 doesn't have a pc input, I don't have pocket wizards, and the rebel xti doesn't have a remote trigger feature - if I want to use it, I have to mount it to the camera hot-shoe. Both flash and camera are on full manual. I'm not using any fill in these shots - just the single light source bounced off a white wall or ceiling. I don't use a meter, just the image preview on the back of the camera which results in a lot of test exposures and adjustments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The faxless cash advance no teletrack has no teletracking and faxing formalities. Our fast and easy cash advance online application can be done from your own. [url=http://viiumft.rahuketu.net/map.html]easy fast cash advance[/url] Get directions reviews payment information on Allied Cash Advance located at. Click Here to get a $1500 cash advance wired to you in one hour If you use them. Advance America39s Cash Advance Centers is the nation39s leading source of payday. You should be a resident of US.